ads

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Foong Foong Yong Tau Foo (鸿鸿安邦酿豆腐) @ Pekan Ampang

Tonnes and tonnes of good comments and reviews by very very satisfied customers. I really really have to give my thoughts on this very very epic Yong Tau Foo eatery.

Sorry for the doubles, guess i am missing that place already!

So for the past few weeks i've been craving for Yong Tau Foo, well at least something other that all those spicy and heaty food.

Yong Tau Foo in the making, paste stuffing - Bitter-gourd 



This time, Chilis! Not spicy, Nice!

The kitchen's way wayy wayyyy busy during lunch hours. With orders coming in by the dozen every minute. I have to commend these aunties for their fast hands, and still able to maintain the quality of their Yong Tau Foo.

Gui Ling Gao 龟苓膏 a herbal jelly - RM 2 each

Just so happen that the gf's DJ nickname is called 龟苓膏 as well, plus herbal jelly is suppose to be good for the heaty body i think? Wont hurt so we ordered 3 small cups, only RM2 per cup, tastes sweeter and bitter than the usual ones, and much thicker the texture. I kinda like it.


Our platter - RM 1 each

I have little idea on what to order so i just told the lao ban (boss) i want 2 person share ke yi ma (may i?). So this was the "set meal" he gave me. which consist of 10 non fried Yong Tau Foo and 5 Fried Wantan/Fuchuk.


Fried stuff is always good stuff  - RM 1 each

The back kitchen. Pretty neat and clean


The best Yong Tau Foo out there they say? I don't know but it is definitely the best I've tried thus far. And cheap too!



2 comments:

  1. So famous, Ampang yong tau foo...but dry, I see. I prefer it served in soup like the ones I had in Penang. All RM1 each, cheapo lah! I hear it can be very expensive at some places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they serve sui kow soup too! but didnt order cause too full d. can add white rice to the meal too. cheap but not as cheap as economy rice! hahaha

      Delete